Talent Search Outreach Specialist
Tatiana Thomas was born and raised on the West side of Chicago, IL. The youngest of 4 children and a family oriented individual. Currently, she is a wife and a mother. She graduated from Fisk University located in Nashville, TN with her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Tatiana was always an active member of her surrounding communities; all activities with church, sung in the choir in high school and numerous clubs in college. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. Tatiana has always known that her purpose and assignments dealt with at-risk youth development. Life experiences has carried the ability to continue to keep on track with that purpose throughout her job and career field.
In 2014, Tatiana began her career in the education field where she served as a paraprofessional, STEM co-teacher, an ELA teacher, Social Emotional Learning teacher and worked in administration as MTSS Interventionist and a teacher coach. In 2018, Tatiana was awarded as the Illinois Charter School Teacher of the Year.
Tatiana’s favorite quote is ” If you don’t like something change it, if you can’t change it, change your attitude. ~Maya Angelou
- If I were a superhero- what would my super power be: Telepathy ~ like Professor X but not in a wheelchair 🙂
- The most important thing I learned in HS was how to adapt and adjust when faced with moments of inconvenience
- A movie title for the story of my life: Living
- My favorite word in the English Language is Love
- If I could change one thing in the world would be the violence. I would love to live in the world where there is peace.